- Weigh out the ingredients
- Put the cold water into a bowl and sprinkle the gelatine over it. Set aside until the gelatine has absorbed the water.
- Place the shortbread into the freezer bag and crush into crumbs using the rolling pin
- Melt the butter in the microwave and melt
- Put the shortbread crumbs into a bowl and add the butter. Mix thoroughly.
- Place the buttered crumbs into the cake tin, spreading evenly and pushing down to compact the shortbread base.
- Zest and juice the two lemons.
- Mix the cream cheese and sugar together in the food mixer
- When completely mixed add the mascapone, vanilla paste, lemon zest, lemon juice and Limoncello and mix again using the paddle.
- Place the gelatine mix in a saucepan and over a low heat warm through until the gelatine is melted and the liquid completely clear. Set aside to cool until tepid.
- In a separate bowl whisk the whipping cream until firm, but soft peaked.
- Add the cream to the cream cheese mix and fold together using a spatula.
- Then blend in the tepid gelatine liquid.
- Pour the cheesecake mix into the cake tin, smoothing the top with a palette knife to achieve a smooth and even finish.
- Place in the fridge for at least 3 hours to set.
- Prepare the Limoncello glaze.
- Once the cheesecake is set pour the glaze over the top and smooth out so you have an even coating and refrigerate